Fall 2010 Business Meeting Minutes
MAA-North Central Section
Minutes of the Business Meeting
President Jason Douma
Saturday, October 23, 2010
University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, SD
- Reports from Section Officers
- Treasurer: Randy Westhoff
The financial report was distributed. We are about $1000 ahead of last year.
We have a significant reserve which needs to be spent down.
- Secretary: Joel Iiams
48 attendants were at the Fall meeting.
- Section NExT: Kris Nairn and Shawn Chiappetta
Continuing to look for ways to increase attendance/participation/interest in section NExT activities.
- Information Officer: Shawn Chiappetta
The NCS/MAA website has moved to MAA servers.
- Student Activities Coodinator: Peh Ng
- Governor: Steven Kennedy
Apart from referencing his written report on the departmental website Prof. Kennedy thanked the local organizers.
- The Summer 2011 Seminar will be July 24-29, 2011
- Site: Bemidji State University
- Presenter: Glen Van Brummelen
- Title: Heavenly Mathematics
- Cost: $220 for housing, $200 for registration
- President Douma made a call for nominations for
- Openings on the Service Award and Teaching Award Committee
- Recipients of said awards
- The following future open positions on the Executive Board
- At-Large Representative
- Kris Nairn announced that the Spring 2011 Pi Mu Epsilon conference will be April 8-9.
- Jerry Heuer reported that so far there are about 70 teams from 21 schools registered for the Team Competition.
Meeting Adjourned at 1:14pm